- Always use approved CNG kit & cylinder. It is dangerous and illegal to use substandard cylinder and fittings.
- Do not install LPG, Propane or any other cylinder in place of a CNG cylinder. It is unsafe and unlawful.
- It is advisable to have insurance coverage of the CNG kit along with the vehicle / accessories.
- Always, park the vehicle at least 6 meters away from sources of ignition (fire).
- Always refer to the CNG kit supplier’s manual for operating instructions and do not do trouble-shooting yourself, other than that recommended by the manufacturer.
- Be aware of the location and operation of cylinder valve, master shut-off valve and burst disc in the CNG system.
- Ask your mechanic to identify these parts for you. It would be helpful for emergency handling of any CNG leak.
- Make sure that the clamps are tight and cylinder fixed properly and safely.
- Confirm that cylinder valve is safe and valve wheel is in place.
- Ensure that gas tubing is intact and supported properly.
- Check for gas leakage from the kit by using soap solution.
IN CASE OF GAS LEAKAGE FROM CNG KIT
- Check out of the vehicle.
- Do not start the vehicle. Push vehicles to a place outside the station in open Air.
- Stop all activities in the vicinity, which can provide a source of ignition, e.g. smoking, use of mobile phone etc.
- Close down the cylinder valve/ master shut-off valve in the CNG system to control the leakage.
- Call CNG kit retrofitter to repair the same.
IN CASE OF FIRE
- Evacuate the vehicle and surrounding place.
- Take help of firefighting experts - 101.
- Extinguish the fire with water/fire extinguishers.
- If feasible, close down the cylinder valve/ master shut-off valve in the CNG system to control the gas leakage.
- Endorsement of CNG mode in Registration Certificate.
- Hydro testing of the cylinder, once in 3 years, as per Gas cylinder rules, 2004.
- Certificate of CNG Kit, Fitness and hydro test to be possessed by the driver all the time.
- Maintain cylinder in good condition.
- No repair to be done on cylinder and valves. No oil, Grease or lubricant to be used for cylinder.
- Don’t change the colour of the cylinder.